Limestone pavers are one of the best materials for hardscapes. A famous poet once wrote that he can imagine paradise every time he saw a limestone landscape. Limestones are being used in architecture thousands of years ago. Historical structures that endure the harshness of time such as the pyramid of Egypt, House of the Parliament in the UK, White House and the Empire State Building in the US are of limestone. Limestone is known for its durability and aesthetic appeal.
Limestone is a sedimentary rock that is formed by many materials such as skeletal fragments of shells, corals, foram, mollusks and other marine life. These materials are compacted for over millions of years. They are usually found in ocean floors and caves.
There are many uses for limestone pavers. Limestone paving can be used for practical application or for decorative purposes. Here best uses for limestone pavers.
- Pathways and walkways: Limestone paver is great for pathways and walkways because it can turn the ordinary pathways and walkways into elegant structures. Limestone paver is both structurally sound and elegant.
- Patios and courtyards: If you don’t want to have an ordinary looking patios and courtyard, limestone pavers is the best material to go to. There numerous patterns and designs available for you to choose. You can have it cut in your own specification which can result in an extraordinary aesthetic outdoor space.
- Driveways: It seems excessive to have a limestone driveway, but if you want to have an extraordinary driveway that would impress guests, limestone is a way to go. They are elegant, easy to maintain and durable.
- Pool decks: Limestone paver is ideal to use around pool area since they are porous which means it can hold a large amount of water. They can also come with a rugged and rough texture which makes it non-slip and water resistant.
- Countertops: Limestone for countertops is not very common, unlike marbles and granite. Limestone is used for countertops for its decorative value.
- Indoor flooring: Limestone pavers are also great for indoor floorings like your dining room, kitchen bathroom, and hallways.